Welcome to the Nottinghamshire TorchTeaching School Alliance
The Torch Teaching School Alliance is a dynamic partnership of more than 30 schools spread across the East Midlands, who share a common goal of continuous school improvement through collaboration. We are committed to high quality training that impacts on the learning experiences of every child’s education.
We offer the opportunity for wider professional networking and opportunities to lead and learn from colleagues working in a diverse range of settings. Our staff have a shared moral purpose to work together to improve the learning and achievement of all the young people in their schools and to support other schools in the region to do the same.
At the Torch Teaching School Alliance we have a bank of nationally and regionally recognised experts who work together to help schools and individuals in need of support. Our highly practical training and support programmes are available to all schools and academies, not just to the schools within our trust.
We aim to be a beacon of excellence and specialist expertise and to:
- Create outstanding teachers of the future through our School Based Initial Teacher Training programme
- Identify and grow our own expert teaching and leadership talent not only to benefit schools within the Torch Teaching School Alliance but in schools locally, nationally and internationally
- Develop bespoke CPD courses, subject networks and highly skilled mentors in order to provide the highest quality training for teachers at every stage of their career
- Deliver creative and collegiate approaches to school-to-school support
- Offer the expertise of a wide and varied group of Specialist Directions of Education (SDE) from across our trust. Our SDEs are outstanding middle and senior leaders with a particular area of expertise and the skills to develop the leadership capacity of colleagues in similar positions in other schools
- Encourage our members to engage in research and development in order to deepen understanding of how schools can facilitate the optimum learning experiences for children to achieve
We warmly invite you to consider joining us to help shape the future of our profession and the lives of the children we serve.
The Big Six
- Creating outstanding teachers of the future through our School Based Initial Teacher Training programme
- Identifying and growing expert teaching and leadership talent
- Developing bespoke courses, subject networks and highly skilled mentors in order to provide the highest quality training for teachers at every stage of their career
- Delivering creative and collegiate approaches to school-to-school support
- Offering the expertise of a wide and varied group of Specialist Directors of Education from across our trust
- Encouraging our members to engage in research and development